Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blowing Right By Milestones...

SlimGenics definitely knows best, as my plateau-breaker has given me a rock star kind of week and I really haven't had one in a long time!!

3.75 lbs on the week, which blew me right past my 85 lb milestone and landed me at 87 lbs!!

This weekend I am doing a 2-day "fresh start" before going back on my normal plan on Monday, which means that I get to eat unlimited protein, including skin and meat on the bone!! Woohoo!

So for lunch today I enjoyed KFC's grilled chicken. Loaded with sodium, but soooooo good and so much better than a boneless, skinless chicken breast.

Admittedly, even though it's technically on-plan and should be 100% guilt-free, I still feel a small amount of guilt for the sheer amount of sodium it contained. I know that I'll be taking in more sodium than usual this weekend, especially with beef being unlimited, but I'm still afraid I'm going to pay for it when I weigh in on Monday.

Something tells me tomorrow will include a lot of Apple Cider Vinegar.

The best part about my weekend, though, has been the return of family who has been in Nevada for the winter since last fall. They hadn't seen me in about 50 lbs and it was really fun to see their reaction to how I look now compared to when they left.

Even makes up (a little bit) for the SNOW that was on the ground this morning.

Even if the weather outside is frightful, I'm still thanking God for all the blessings He continues to shower me and my family with (if a little snow in April is my biggest complaint, I'm doing pretty good!!) and for continuing to give me the strength to push forward on this journey. I know He's going to use me for something great and now I'm going to be ready for it - physically AND mentally!

1 comment:

Mr. Mike said...

He already is using you for many great things. :)