Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gaining More Than Losing

I remember that day that I first walked into SlimGenics. Lots of hope that I would lose a lot of weight. I also remember one of the things I filled out was a list of things I hoped to gain. Things like self-confidence, energy, etc. I am now staring the end of my weight-loss phase in the face and I started reflecting on this.

This week I lost 1.75 lbs, putting me at a total of 91.75 official lbs lost. Left to lose? 7.75 lbs. (I actually want to lose about 15 more, but 7.75 lbs puts me at my original SlimGenics goal.)

That's a lot of loss, wouldn't you say? But I truly have gained so much more and today it is so obvious! Here's why...

My 10-year wedding anniversary was this past Thursday. I am so blessed in this area as I'm married to a wonderfully Christ-centered man who has loved and supported me all the way through this and back again. I thank Jesus for him every single day.

So tonight, we have reservations at a fabulous italian restaurant where I intend to eat whatever I want to celebrate. I've known it, SlimGenics knows it. I am also going out to eat with family tomorrow for Mother's Day. So, with those two events in mind, I told SlimGenics that I was just going to go off-plan for the entire weekend. I even wrote "OFF PLAN" on my journal ahead of time for both Saturday and Sunday.

Then this morning happened, showing me just how much I've truly gained in the area of healthy eating habits. I stayed on-plan!!

All week, I was making a mental list of the foods I might enjoy this weekend, but when the day finally arrived, I didn't want to do it! I DO intend to enjoy my meal tonight and my meal tomorrow, but that DOESN'T mean I need to throw the whole weekend away! WHOA! THAT is different thinking for me and proof of just how much I have truly learned and gained along the way.

I don't want to backslide after coming this far! I don't want to feel terrible and sluggish tonight because I ate bad food all day. So I had my normal breakfast and I just enjoyed my first SlimGenics Thermo-Snack of the day as I was starting this post.

And... it will make the meal tonight all the sweeter and more special, don't you think?

No comments: