Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Final "Prep" Day!

So today is my last "prep day" and I officially start the plan tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I never thought I would be so anxious to start a diet in my life, but there are so many things I haven't been able to eat these three days that I will be able to eat starting tomorrow (like starches and fruits, etc!). And all the snacks I bought from them last night... oohhhhh... they look so good. Can't wait to be able to enjoy two a day starting tomorrow!!

Now, I want to talk about what I've lost so far, but I will advance warn that this is the first time and also the 2nd to last time I will mention what I've lost according to my scale at home. The reason is this: I weighed in with SlimGenics mid-morning last Friday, obviously fully-clothed and with food in my belly. I then proceeded to have many "last meals" over the weekend, so I'm sure I put weight on (as I said earlier, I weighed the same thing Monday morning before eating anything and with no clothes on...).

So yesterday afternoon I weighed in at SlimGenics again, and I was down .25 lbs from last Friday. That, to me, is my official weight loss, because that's going to be what I track going forward, which is why I'm not going to talk about what I've lost according to my scale.

I do want to state that I've been getting on the scale every morning under the exact same conditions (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday), just for a baseline of how these prep days are going. Tomorrow will be last such weigh-in that I'll report, but I will report it as it will be my total lost for those three prep days. Going forward I will only report the SlimGenics official weight loss, even though it will be less.

Ok, all that build up just to say: so far I am down 4.4 pounds for the first two days!!! Crazy!!! It will be interesting to see what my final three day total is for these prep days. Talk about kicking off a diet on a high note!!

Now, for areas of improvement and monitoring: if there is any one thing that I already realize I'm going to have to be aware of, it's getting in my daily salt intake. Since I will be getting virtually no salt from the foods I'm consuming, I have to add back in 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. of Morton's Lite Salt to my food each day. I've never been a salter, so remembering to do that has been tough!! Yesterday I didn't get in any at all, but today I've been good so far, having some with both breakfast and lunch.

Another issue in question was my water consumption. I am supposed to drink 80 oz of water daily, but have been drinking 96 oz, since I just fill my 32 oz water bottle three times. I asked them about this last night and they said to not go over 100 oz in a day, as it will indeed start to flush out vitamins. They're not cheap, so we don't want to do that! ;-)

Ok, so I'm off to a good start and really looking forward to more choices starting tomorrow. Going to do some grocery shopping tonight to make sure I have some good meals to plan for the rest of the week.

We've only just begun ~ thanks for sticking with me!

4 comments:

Mr. Mike said...

Zach said "Muh du mah meh prouuuu" Which means "Mom makes me so proud!"

Laura said...

Yea! 4.4 pounds so far! You ROCK!

Heather Kremer said...

Yay for the toast!! One way to possibly help you with remembering to take the recommended salt is to pre-measure it every morning and place it on the counter where you can see it. When I need to take something, if it's in plain sight I always remember:) Good Luck Chica...

Angie said...

Yeah, that's what I do with the salt, but it's when I'm at work or out that I forget about it. I forgot to bring it with me today and could have used it on my lunch, but I didn't have it with. Couldn't ask for any at the restaurant, because they don't carry the Light Salt, which is all I'm allowed.

Ah well, gonna have my whole day's salt with dinner tonight apparently!! Ha!