Weight Loss Ticker

Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm off and running!

... to the bathroom, that is. ;-)

Today marks the official start of my journey on the SlimGenics diet. I have upped my water consumption (I must say I LOVE the thermo-boost packs that I mix with my water!!) and as a result, I have spent a large part of the day running to the bathroom. Ha!

I will admit that I'm hungry today, which I fully expected. There are many foods that I'll be able to eat on this diet, but not yet. Very minimal for these first 3 "prep days". To be fair, I can have unlimited green veggies and meats, but I haven't eaten all that much (no veggie snacks this afternoon) because I've been busy, so that obviously plays into being hungry. Tomorrow when I go back to work, I plan to bring more food and to set alarms on my computer to remind me to eat snacks. If I can eat more food and curb the hunger, why wouldn't I?

I had two hard-boiled eggs for breakfast; half an orange mid-morning; steak, green beans, snow pea pods and green peppers for lunch; the other half of the orange mid-afternoon; and I'll be having grilled chicken and salad for dinner (and I consumed about 96 ounces of water today!).

All in all, I think it's been a pretty good first day. I was a little worried about all the omega vitamins that I would be taking, because some of them make you burp up a fishy taste. YUCK!! These, luckily, do not. Phew.

Oh, and I got on the scale first thing this morning and I weighed EXACTLY (to the ounce) what I weighed at the SlimGenics office last Friday. I found that to be comforting, considering I ate a lot of fatty food over the weekend. Of course, I'm sure I gained, as I was wearing clothes when I weighed in at the SlimGenics office. ;-)

I've made it through Day 1! Only 279 more to go!

6 comments:

Kitty said...

Your doing great.The food that you consumed is good for you and fills you up. I need to be able to eat small during the day several times, but unable to when I'm at work. That's a bummer. Hey are you also excerising?
You keep up the good work. You can do it.
love you

Laura said...

Don't drink TOO much water. A doctor once told me that I was. She said it's taxing on your kidneys. Take your body weight, divided by 2 and that is how many ounces of water you should be drinking per day. But, just so you know, I am NOT a doctor, and I don't play one on TV, so if your doctor said to drink lots of water, then follow your doctor's advice (instead of mine).
Love Ya!

Mr. Mike said...

I've been told by docs that too much water actually washes vitamins and minerals out of your system... no beuno! But, Ang is on it. Like I said, she's got this. :)

Mr. Mike said...

As if on cue: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11057891

Heather Kremer said...

There is definite truth to what Laura & Mike had to say regarding water...but usually when we think we are drinking enough we usually are not. In your case ang, I am sure you are consuming what you say. Either way, good for you on your first day, one day at a time lady.

Angie said...

@Kitty: I'm not exercising yet (formally anyway), but plan to, especially when the weather gets a little cooler. While you do not HAVE to exercise on the plan, of course they highly recommend it and I intend to once I get a bit more comfortable with the plan itself and get settled in.

@Laura: Yeah, I plan to talk to them tonight about the water consumption as Mike and I discussed it last night after I drank so much.

I am supposed to consume 80 oz of water daily on the plan. I have a 32 oz water bottle and yesterday I just drank 3 bottles, instead of 2.5 bottles, so I drank 96 oz instead of 80 oz. We'll see what they say tonight.

Thanks for the support everyone! I was down 3.8lbs on the scale this morning from yesterday morning! O_O!!! Granted, I'm positive a lot of that is water weight since I drank so much, but who cares. I'll take it!! :-)