Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, January 14, 2011

No Matter Which Diet, You Have to WANT it...

One thing that has become abundantly clear to me in the last week: wanting to change is the majority of the battle with weight loss. It doesn't matter which diet you choose if you aren't ready to make the changes!

I've had moderate success with other diets in the past, but SlimGenics has truly been something amazing for me. I mean, 60 lbs in less than 5 months? That's INSANE. The difference? I think I finally got fed up enough with being overweight and prayed enough about it that I was ready to do what needed to be done to see these changes in my life.

Does that mean that I didn't want to be thin and healthy in the past? No, of course not. But wanting to be thin and wanting it bad enough to be willing to do the work, (I mean REALLY willing to do the work) are definitely two separate things.

As you all know, my motivation has been slipping lately and the scale has reflected this. For the first 10 days of the year, I think I only lost 1 lb. Considering I was losing, on average, over 3 lbs a week, that's obviously very low. But I was NOT "all in" and it made a difference. I didn't want it more than anything else, and the results followed my heart.

This week, I've really made an effort to get back on track. By Wednesday, my motivation and desire to again be "all in" had started to return. I had hoped to get to the center for my weigh-in on Wednesday, but I just had too many meetings at work to sneak away. So I went in yesterday (Thursday) and was so glad I did!!

61 lbs officially!! (for those who have been watching my Facebook updates via myfitnesspal.com, those lbs lost are on my scale at home since the beginning and the loss is a little higher than their scale shows, because they aren't counting the 2-3 I gained the weekend before starting and it doesn't fluctuate with different clothes, etc.). I finally hit my 60 lb milestone and I'm off and running again.

But even better than the 61 lbs is that they did measurements again and I've lost a total of 35 inches on my thighs, hips, waist, chest and arms! 11 inches alone off my hips!! WHOA!! Almost an entire FOOT off my hips!! CRAZY!!

I've seen so many other people have major success on the SlimGenics diet, but then when I went to the SG message boards I also saw so many people really struggling. After reading some of their posts and what they were struggling with, I realized it sounded like me when I was doing weight watchers a year ago. Yeah, I wanted to lose weight, but it wasn't a priority, I wasn't ready like I was when I shelled out the money for SG, etc. etc. And I knew it then, but I would never have admitted it. I didn't want to stop eating bacon. I didn't want to stop eating cheese. And those things were overriding the fact that I wanted to be healthier and thinner.

By late summer, I realized that I was ready, because I knew I wouldn't have to give up those things forever, but it was worth it to give them up for the time it took to lose the weight.

And it's been worth every sacrifice because I WANT THIS!! I know now that I can finish strong and be where I want to be before it's time for summer clothes again! :-)

No comments: