Weight Loss Ticker

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Plateau Breakers Hate Me!

Both of the SlimGenics plateau-breakers I have done have had 1 thing in common: they said that most people don't lose while doing them, but it kicks starts the weight loss when finished and the losing goes back into high gear.

For me, it's been just the opposite both times now. The first one I did back in October showed 3.75 lbs the week of the breaker and then 2 lbs the week after. This time, I lost 3 lbs when looking at Wednesday - Wednesday (the breaker was Thursday - Wednesday), but Saturday to Saturday was only 2.5 lbs. As soon as I went off the breaker and back onto the plan on Thursday, I noticed the slow down on the scale.

When I weighed in this morning I was only down 1/2 lb from Wednesday, whereas I was down 2 lbs from last Saturday to Wednesday. Still, 2.5 lbs for the week is just fine and it puts me at 66.5 total! :-)

Even so, it was a conversation worth having this morning at the center to try and determine why my body reacts this way. The initial conclusion/guess is that my body likes the protein. The breakers are loaded with protein and I eat more than normal while on them. Then I take it away and my body gets sad. ;-)

So, we're going to change things up a bit for the next week and see how it goes. I get 2 protein servings a day, which I generally eat for breakfast and for dinner. I also get 2 of their thermo-snacks a day, which are fairly high protein as well.

So instead of having what she called a 'soft protein' (eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese) for breakfast, I'm going to have one of their thermo-snacks. Then, I'll have both my protein servings left so I can have one with lunch and one with dinner, both of which will be 'hard proteins' (beef, turkey, fish, etc.).

This will be somewhat challenging for me, as I tend to fall back on eggs (even for dinner) often, because they're easy to make and taste much better than chicken, if you ask me! But, I think the experiment is worth doing for a week and I plan to give it a shot, starting tomorrow (I already ate my eggs for breakfast today).

Wish me luck!

No comments: