Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, March 27, 2011

All for Him!

If you've been here since the beginning of my journey, you know that I believe that God wants me to be a better steward of the body he's given me for my time here on this earth. I have not done a very good job of honoring that body.

Until now.

I am not there yet; however, I am close. And I know that this was possible (80 lbs in 7 months!) only by the grace of God. It took changes in my spiritual thinking to truly gain the wisdom that I needed to make real changes in my eating habits. And you know what? God noticed. He has been with me every step of the journey and now He wants to use me and my weight loss to motivate and inspire others that they can do it too!

A couple weeks ago the senior pastor of my church and employer (Eagle Brook Church) approached me and two other women at the office to interview us about our successful weight loss journeys. All 3 of us are currently on SlimGenics and enjoying success. It was an amazing opportunity to sit down and watch my pastor furiously take notes as we talked in preparation for an upcoming message on doing things you can't do.

That message was this weekend. I sat in the worship center with family and friends at my side for 2 separate services and I cried both times as he told my story and showed before and after pictures for all 14,000ish people attending this weekend to see.

God is amazing and I want to publicly thank and acknowledge all He's done in my life for me and through me and I pray that there will be others out there who might be inspired and start a similar journey of their own.

If anyone is interested in watching the message delivered by Bob Merritt this weekend, here is the link. He starts talking about the 3 of us just before 18 minutes in, but I highly suggest watching the entire message to hear it in the context he prepared it.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been here supporting me and praying for me! I know I'm not there yet, but I'm confident that I will be there and I will be there soon. In the meantime, I'm praying for all of you as well.

3 comments:

Mr. Mike said...

It's definitely all for Him and without Him you couldn't do it. But, you still make me proud regardless. What a great example of overcoming adversity. I love you!

Angie said...

Thank you baby! I couldn't have done it without you, either.

I love you!!!

teachermom said...

Angie,
I am beginning the journey you are on! I started Slimgenics with 100 pounds to lose and have lost about 28. Thanks for inspiring me!
Maria
ps. I just found your blog link on Slimgenics and decided to follow it. Hope that's ok! :-)