Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, February 3, 2011

S....l....o....w.... Goes It!

Well, it looks like my days of the weight just melting off at a rate of 3 – 3 ½ lbs a week are probably about over. I finished the plateau-breaker over a week ago and it's still just barely coming off. When I weighed in on Wednesday (yesterday), I was only down .75 lbs on the week. Tomorrow will show the final weekly total, which I'm hoping will be at least 1 lb at this rate! Ha!

I'm not completely surprised, to be honest, because we're now getting into the weight that's been there since the late 90's. Weight that's been there for 10+ years, apparently, won't go quietly. That's fine, it can fight back, but I'll win in the end!!!

However, a little bonus! When I went in on Wednesday, they concluded that my body really responds well to protein and since I was starting to feel hunger (which I really didn't previously), they think the plateau-breaker actually did its job and kicked my metabolism up a notch, but that my body was holding on tight because I wasn't eating enough (hence the hunger). So, they added a 3rd thermo-snack into my day without removing anything else! Woo-hoo! I LOVE the snacks, so this rocks!

I just started this today, so we probably won't see anything conclusive for a few days, but I'm hopeful. To be honest, I'm still happy to see the scale going the right direction. I mean, I've lost about 70 lbs in ONLY 5 months! That's INSANE and I'm wicked happy!! It may take another 5 months to get the remaining weight off, though I don't think so. I'm hoping for 3. That will put me at a very happy place for this summer!! :-)

So, I'm going to just keep on keeping on, because that's all I can do!

1 comment:

danibabe2 said...

I hear ya there Angie. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm going to continue trying hard and work on being patient!

I'm proud of you!