Weight Loss Ticker

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vacation Weight? What Vacation Weight?

Did I say that I gained weight on vacation? Really? Cause it's been less than a week since I've been back and IT'S ALL GONE!! ;-)

Went to my SlimGenics center today for my second weigh-in since returning and the 1.25 lbs that I had gained was gone, PLUS another .25 lbs!! My goal of hitting 70 lbs this week is very real now, because today showed me at 69.75 lbs!! I only need to lose .25 lbs by Saturday to hit my 70 lb milestone. Woohoo!

I know I've already said it, but it's so worth repeating. I REALLY feel confident, for the first time, that I'll be able to maintain this weight loss. I mean, let's be real. I knew I could lose weight; I've done it before (though I've never had so much to lose, but still). It was the KEEPING IT OFF that drove me to spend the money with SlimGenics. Clearly it has been money well spent.

I don't want to spend the rest of my life yo-yo dieting. I'm DONE with feeling overweight and unhealthy. I'm done with getting upset when something I want to wear isn't flattering or just doesn't fit at all!

I don't want my 2-yr old son to be frustrated because I don't have the energy to play with him. I don't want him to realize his mommy is really fat! I don't want to be too tired to play at the park with him and not just watch him play!

And now, I don't think I have to!! If I can go on vacation and eat the way I did last week and show a 9 POUND gain on the scale, only to erase it in less than a week, I am confident I'll be able to nip any small gains that will creep up from eating normally and do it quickly. Now that I have the tools to do it, I just know I'll have to stay on top of it and I won't ever again have to diet for 6 months, a year, whatever! Buckle down for a week, get rid of it, go back to life!! :-)

So yeah, I'm happy today. :-)